Culinary diversity of Northeast India at ITC Grand Chola
The Madras Pavilion to host dinner buffet from Jan 22–29
As a tribute to the culinary diversity of Northeast India, the Madras Pavilion at ITC Grand Chola is showcasing the unique, flavourful and undiscovered cuisine of this region as part of the dinner buffet. The rustic and simple flavours promise to tantalise your palate with distinct tastes from each of the eight states. The Northeast is home to over 300 ethnic communities, tribes and sub-tribes. Each has a unique culture in which feasts are an integral part.
- Brave the fiery cuisine of Nagaland which showcases one of the hottest chillies in the world.
- Savour Buddhist and Nepalese fare from Sikkim.
- Tripura offers a perfect blend of tribal and Bengali cuisine.
- Arunachal Pradesh, one of the world's biodiversity hotspots, takes pride in showcasing its organic fare.
- Producing one of the best rice varieties and home to the Hmar community, Mizoram will delight you with its Neo Burmese cuisine.
- Manipur, the home of the Meiteis and one of the oldest Vaishnavite kingdoms, showcases the largest array of vegetarian cuisine in the region.
- Meghalaya, the abode of clouds, is home to the Khasis, Garos and Jaintyas. They take immense pride in their culinary skills.
- Assam, on the other hand, offers the largest variety of multi-ethnic cuisines, each unique and distinct in its flavours.
Some of the dishes on the menu include:
Bunga Koh Tarkari: stir-fried banana blossom with toasted sesame seeds
Saag Koh Tarkari: stir-fried seasonal greens with garlic and dry red chilli
Shya Phaley: seasoned chicken mince inside a crispy shell
Pakora Thongba: lentil dumpling in tomato gravy
Oksa Thongba from pork preparation with whole garlic
Rupchi: stir-fried mushroom with roasted chili and onion
Hass Ytszu: duck curry with fermented black bean
Till Diye Murgir Mangxo: chicken curry with black sesame paste
Accompanied by a plethora of distinctive chutneys that thrill the palate. Indulge your taste buds with this eclectic cuisine at the dinner buffet from Jan 22–29, from 7.00–11.30 pm.
Around The World