Wyndham Hotels & Resorts unveils plans to enter Nepal and Bhutan, Introduces Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Brand in India
All three hotels are part of larger efforts by the company to significantly expand its footprint across the Indian subcontinent and are complemented by four additional properties in the region that either recently opened or are slated to open over the next nine months.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, the hotel franchising company with approximately 9,300 hotels across 90 countries, today unveils plans to open its first hotels in Nepal and Bhutan with plans to open a new-build hotel in the capital of Bangladesh by the end of the year, while also announcing the opening of the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dwarka — the first Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham hotel in India.
All three hotels are part of larger efforts by the company to significantly expand its footprint across the Indian subcontinent and are complemented by four additional properties in the region that either recently opened or are slated to open over the next nine months. Wyndham is currently one of the largest international hotel companies in India and plans to have 47 hotels open across the country by the end of this year.
Commenting on the development, Nikhil Sharma, Area Director, Eurasia, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts said, “Over the last few years Bhutan and Nepal have seen a steady increase in tourism, making them ideal destinations for us to expand into. What’s more, they perfectly complement the opportunity and uptick of the midscale market in India, which we’ve strengthened today with the introduction of our Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham brand. As the Indian subcontinent continues making waves in the hospitality industry, Wyndham remains laser focused on tapping into its key markets and fulfilling our mission of making hotel travel possible for all.”
Upcoming hotel openings include:
* Ramada by Wyndham Valley Thimpu (Bhutan): Marking Wyndham’s arrival into Bhutan, the Ramada by Wyndham Valley Thimpu will offer spacious rooms, including many with panoramic views of the magnificent Himalayas. Tucked in the Thimpu valley by the free-flowing Raidāk river, its location will provide easy access to special events at the Tasichho Dzong, the giant statue of Buddha Dordenma, and the sacred Memorial Chorten site. The hotel is expected to open in March 2021.
* Ramada Encore by Wyndham Kathmandu Thamel (Nepal): Wyndham’s first entry in the Himalayan kingdom of Nepal, the Ramada Encore by Wyndham Kathmandu Thamel is expected to open in August 2020. The hotel is situated in Thamel district in the capital city of Kathmandu, which has been the centre of the tourist industry for over four decades. The hotel will offer 90 tastefully furnished guest rooms with a range of amenities to make for a comfortable stay and a rooftop with a scenic view of the city.
* Ramada by Wyndham Mussoorie Mall Road (India): Spread across one acre of land, the Ramada by Wndham Mussoorie Mall Road will offer 45 rooms all with key necessities for guests to enjoy their time. The hotel will be located at one of the most popular hill station destinations in Northern India, also referred to as the Queen of the Hills, popular amongst leisure as well as business travellers. The hotel is expected to open this July.
Recent 2020 openings include:
* Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dwarka (India): Marking the arrival of the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham brand in the Indian sub-continent, the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dwarka is an eco-spiritual resort offering 202 spacious guest rooms and is in close proximity to Dwarkadhish Temple, Dwarka Beach and Gomti Ghat. The property offers expansive outdoor access with an opportunity to focus on wellness and exploring nature.
* Ramada by Wyndham Aligarh GT Road (India): A new-construction hotel situated in Aligarh, in the western region of Uttar Pradesh state, the Ramada by Wyndham Aligarh GT Road opened in January 2020 and features 60 contemporary guest rooms, expansive lawn space, and a plethora of amenities. Situated in an ideal location with easy access to the Aligarh Junction Railway Station and Aligarh Bus Stand, the hotel makes a great home base for travel throughout the area.
* Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Pune Hinejwadi (India): Situated along the Pune Bangalore Highway, only an hour’s drive away from popular weekend getaways like Lonavala, Khandala, and Lavasa, is the Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Pune Hinejwadi. The hotel, which opened in March 2020, hosts 172 spacious guest rooms and offers an opportunity to explore majestic nearby attractions and outdoor adventures such as the Aga Khan Palace.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts’ properties around the world participate in Wyndham Rewards, the world’s most generous rewards program with more than 30,000 hotels, vacation club resorts and vacation rentals globally. Designed for the everyday traveller, members earn a guaranteed 1,000 points with every qualified stay and may redeem points for a wide range of rewards, including free nights, gift cards, merchandise and more.
Around The World