Wyndham Hotels & Resorts introduces its new Mobile App
Countering the challenges posed by coronavirus pandemic, the mobile app allows travellers to enjoy low contact in-stay features
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, with approximately 9,000 hotels across 90 countries, launches its new mobile app for iOS and Android, offering personal experiences, account management, gamification and more. Available in both platforms’ app stores, the new Wyndham app provides travellers with a reimagined user experience to inspire upcoming getaways and 2021 travel plans.
Discussing about the relevance of the new app during coronavirus pandemic, Jessica Davidson, Senior Vice President, Digital, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts said, “More than ever, travellers are seeking drive-to accommodations and Wyndham offers the power of established brands that they know and trust—brands like La Quinta® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham and Super 8® by Wyndham. For everyday travellers, especially those travelling during the pandemic, this app is a game changer, delivering the features guests expect today alongside a robust foundation for the future.”
“Our new app could not have arrived at a more critical time. The pandemic has propelled digital adoption and travellers now expect streamlined, low-contact experiences. This app allows our thousands of franchisees to help deliver upon those expectations, while providing the easiest and fastest possible path to booking direct. It’s a win-win both for our guests and for our franchisees,” she added.
The primary features offered in the new Wyndham mobile app simplifies the hotel booking process. These features include:
* Mobile Check-In / Checkout: It is available at nearly 300 hotels throughout the U.S., with plans to expand. Guests can opt for mobile check-in and checkout to minimize contact between themselves and hotel staff.
* Lightning BookSM: Appropriate for road trippers and road warriors. This feature allows guests to search for and book the nearest Wyndham hotel for the night within three taps. It enables the guests to check their real time proximity from the hotel and book using Wyndham Rewards® points.
* Digital Room Key: In the pipeline is the feature to select U.S. resorts like the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek in Orlando, Fla. and Wyndham Grand Rio Mar in Rio Grande, P.R. Guests may opt for digital room key via mobile phone and use the same throughout the duration of their stay. Expansion to other hotels and resorts is also expected over the next 12 months.
Based on user’s real time needs and activities, the app customises features to give a personalised experience for each user.
* In-Stay Mode: Important details such as stay details, local attractions, mobile check-in availability, etc., are prioritised and displayed on the home screen once the user opens the mobile app within three days of a stay.
* My App Passport: The app allows guests to track their engagement with memorable stamps, animations and more upon achieving select in-app accomplishments such as booking a stay or redeeming points. New stamps and achievements are likely to be added in future.
* Special Offers: Without an immediate, upcoming or current stay, the app greets the guests by name and displays their current Wyndham Rewards point balance, search functionality and the latest promotional offers. Guests can avail offers and learn more with a single tap.
* Account Management: The app offers a lucid account management system. Updating Wyndham Rewards member profiles, stay preferences, and methods of payment is easy.
Additionally, guests can view previous and upcoming stays, check their personalised offers, purchase points and more using this feature.
The app focusses on creating safe experience with in-stay features that allows minimal contact with the staff members or shared spaces. It comes at a crucial stage when both travellers and hoteliers are looking for innovative, digital solutions to curtail the challenges posed by coronavirus pandemic.
Around The World