Wyndham Hotel Group Experiences Another Year of Growth in India
As part of the new signings, Wyndham Hotel Group also signed a non-exclusive development agreement with Ahmedabad- based Nebula Infraspace LLP, to develop at least 20 hotels with 1,600 rooms over a period of 10 years across India under the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham brand.
WYNDHAM HOTEL Group, with a global presence of more than 8,100 hotels in 78 countries, has further expanded its footprint in India and neighbouring countries with the opening of eleven new hotels in 2017. In addition, Wyndham Hotel Group expanded its pipeline of new hotels in the region with 15 new signings. Two-thirds of the new hotel openings were in India, re-enforcing the Group’s presence in the country’s rapidly growing mid-market hospitality segment.
As part of the new signings, Wyndham Hotel Group also signed a non-exclusive development agreement with Ahmedabad- based Nebula Infraspace LLP, to develop at least 20 hotels with 1,600 rooms over a period of 10 years across India under the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham brand. Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham is the Group’s benchmark extended-stay brand, offering guests a home away from home. Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham will be well-positioned to cater to the extended stay needs of travellers in India visiting pilgrimage circuits, leisure destinations and second home locations. The first Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham hotel will open in Dwarka.
This robust expansion in India is a part of Wyndham Hotel Group’s comprehensive plans to expand its footprint across the Eurasia region, which is comprised of 16 countries including India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Mauritius, Maldives, Pakistan and more. In fact, another milestone achievement last year was the opening of the company’s first Wyndham Garden hotel in the region, which is located in Astana, Kazakhstan. Wyndham Hotel Group now has 47 operational hotels in the Eurasia region, almost 75 per cent of which are in India.
“India’s hospitality industry, especially the mid-market segment, is thriving from strong growth in domestic travel, an increase in foreign tourists, as well as a booming airline industry supported by government-led initiatives. Our goal is to ensure that wherever across India or the region that travellers want to go, they will find a Wyndham Hotel Group hotel to meet their needs and their budget,” said Deepika Arora, Wyndham Hotel Group’s Regional Vice President, Eurasia. “Furthermore, our new and planned hotel openings signify our commitment to India’s thriving hospitality industry and our endeavour to offer travellers the most choices wherever their travels may lead them.”
Wyndham Hotel Group’s newest hotels in India include:
- Howard Johnson Kolkata (West Bengal): This 90-room hotel in Kolkata, the capital of West Bengal, is the second under the Howard Johnson brand in India. The first Howard Johnson hotel opened in Bengaluru in 2014. The third Howard Johnson hotel in India will open in Lonavala this year.
- Ramada Darjeeling Gandhi Road (West Bengal): Also in West Bengal, this 62-room hotel marks Wyndham Hotel Group’s entry into hill stations. This will shortly be followed by the opening of Ramada Kasauli this year.
- Ramada Dehradun Chakrata Road (Uttarakhand): Located at the foothills of the stunning Himalayas and sweeping Shivaliks, this 52-room hotel caters to business as well as leisure travellers with its intuitive service. The hotel offers 5 onsite restaurants, a spa and elegant banquet space.
- Ramada Jammu City Centre (Jammu and Kashmir): Considered one of the best business hotels in the city, the 88-room hotel provides comfortable accommodation and amenities to discerning travellers.
- Ramada Plaza Chennai (Tamil Nadu): Ramada Plaza Chennai is a hotel with 135 spacious and well-equipped rooms. With an excellent location in the heart of the business district, the hotel provides easy access to the international airport, the Chennai Trade Centre and the Information Technology Park.
- Days Suites Bengaluru Whitefield (Karnataka): Located in the city’s principal IT hub, the 90-room hotel is the fifth hotel under the Days brand in India.
- Ramada Ajmer (Rajasthan): Located in the spiritual city of Ajmer, the 71-room hotel is the latest addition to Wyndham Hotel Group portfolio in India.
Around The World