People look forward to Travel again soon: Global Future Travel Survey
More than 50% of respondents say they’ll book a trip in 2020, and most will do so as soon as travel restrictions are lifted,
Preferred Hotels & Resorts conducted a 'Global Future Travel Survey' with members of the brand’s loyalty program – I Prefer Hotel Rewards – inviting them to share their aspirations and plans for future travel when restrictions are lifted or eased.
Nearly 4,000 I Prefer members from around the world opted to participate, and the results reveal an incredibly positive attitude towards travel for the second half of 2020 - highlighting how people will be ready to travel when restrictions are lifted.
Some of the insights are listed below:
* More than 50% of respondents say they’ll book a trip in 2020, and most will do so as soon as travel restrictions are lifted. They want to travel.
* 75% of respondents plan to travel with family, having spent so much time apart. They are ready to reunite with loved ones.
* More than 50% of respondents intend to travel regionally or domestically. They are eager to explore their own backyards.
* Despite a strong desire to stay regional, over 40% of respondents still want to travel to another continent. They want to see the world.
* More than 80% respondents will travel by air. They are ready to fly.
* What do these responses ultimately mean? They Believe in Travel.
The survey was administered by Preferred Hotels & Resorts to 3,695 I Prefer Hotel Rewards Members from April 6-13, 2020 with responses by region: United States 56%; Europe 14%; Canada 11%; Asia Pacific 9%; all other regions 10%.
Around The World