Make Winter comfortable with All Season AC
Mitsubishi Electric's 'All Season AC' can be effectively used for both cooling and heating purpose and round the year.
Do we really require AC in winter? India is a country of diverse seasons, mainly four basics are winter season, summer season, rainy season and spring season. The intensity of these four seasons varies from region to region in India. The topographical factors, latitude and longitude of the region also plays a vital role for the seasons. It automatically sends chill down the spine to think of running an AC in winter and makes one shiver, it is not completely true and can be attributed to the lack of information about the ACs.
Running ACs during winter is completely normal and helps in maintaining a comfortable temperature inside the house. Here we are talking about the ACs with Heat pump. We have listed few major reasons below as to why you should use AC in winter season:
* Warmth in Winter: ACs can produce heat and keep your house warm during the coldest of winters days/nights.
* Standard Room heaters available in market burn Oxygen thus unhealthy & harmful, prolonged use may create skin related problems & other health issues.
* Tackling Humidity: In winter, a lot of humidity gets collected on windows and doors; running the AC dehumidifies the air inside the house and keep the windows and doors clear.
* Space Saving: With an All-Season AC, you will benefit with extra space left which otherwise would have been taken by a heating equipment, thereby, giving you options of utilizing this floor space in a more efficient manner.
* Children’s Safety: Since a Split AC is installed at a height far from the reach of children, one can be stress free. However, in case of oil heater and other heating equipment, one must always be cautious of children touching them.
Mitsubishi Electric comes with a Highly Energy Efficient, BEE 5 Star Rated Inverter Heat Pump range of Room air conditioner “MSZ-HP” and recently launched Inverter Heat Pump Series in BEE 5 Star Cassettes & Ceiling Concealed ACs. These ACs, unlike the normal ones can be effectively used for both cooling and heating purpose and round the year “All Season AC”. They reverse the direction of refrigerant flow by using electrically operated Reverse valves/4way Valve, it makes the inside evaporator of the ACs hot while keeping the outside condenser cold instead of hot whenever the thermostat is set to heat. Another advantage of our Heat-Cool ACs is that it will provide you with floor space which be restricted in case of heating equipment, thereby, giving you multiple options to use that free space.
High Pressure Protection which comes into play when the temperature of indoor heat exchanger becomes too high and continues until the temperature of indoor heat exchanger falls; Defrosting function starts when the temperature of outdoor heat exchanger becomes too low and this mode continues until the temperature of outdoor heat exchanger rises or the fixed time passes; in Auto Change Over mode, unit operation is switched automatically between COOL and HEAT operation; then there is Auto Vane mode where the microprocessor automatically determines the vane angle to make the optimum room temperature distribution.
Research about the type of heat pump that is right for you, since some ACs are limited by the cold. Installing the wrong one may increase your utility bills. Many airflow patterns ensure optimum temperature distribution and comfort, and push air into larger living spaces; and air purified filter help in removal of contaminants and dust particles from the room. The air conditioners range of Mitsubishi Electric are best fit for Indian conditions as they are functional even at temperatures as low as minus 10 degrees.
The AC series by Mitsubishi Electric help consume minimum energy because of advanced inverter control and are also environment friendly. These ACs use a chlorine-free refrigerant known as R410A which is non-inflammable and energy efficient alternative.
Precautions of Running an AC in Winter
When the ambient temperature outside is in Minus degree, the moisture in the air freezes on the outdoor unit's heat exchanger as the fan blows the air across it. A defrost cycle is basically the system recognizing that ice has formed or begun to form and automatically fixes it, this is required for regular healthy operations of the system. When in defrost mode, a heat pump may blast cold air from its vents for 1 or 2 minutes (before the backup heat kicks in). This forces the outdoor coils to heat up, melting any frost or ice that has built up.
We always recommend calling for professional help at least once per year for regular maintenance and to keep the system running efficiently. However, there are few basic steps that you can take to run your AC efficiently in the winter season:
* The standard air conditioner’s temperature should be set around 18 to 22 degrees under Heat Mode for heating in winter. This is to ensure maximum energy efficiency from your AC.
* The Fan speed of the AC should be kept between Low to Medium.
* The Vane of the AC should not be directed towards Human body as the air could be quite hot which can cause dryness, body itching and choking.
Around The World