Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport to reopen on December 1, 2020
Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport is announcing its reopening from December 1, 2020, with an enhanced experience for its guests.
Using new, science-led protocols and service measures, partnering with industry leading experts Cleveland Clinic, Ecolab and Diversey, and the global IHG Clean Promise, the strengthened measures will give guests greater confidence and hotel teams the protection needed.
Sharad K Upadhyay, General Manager Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, comments “The team at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport look forward to welcome guests back. Our colleagues have diligently worked throughout the recent months to ensure the health and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues; working closely with global and local public health officials to follow their recommendations and mandates as well complying with the IHG Way of Clean. These additional measures build on our existing best-in-class approach to cleanliness to help our guests feel safe and confident during their time with us.”
Enhancing IHG Way of Clean
IHG has a longstanding commitment to rigorous cleaning procedures. Launched in 2015, the IHG Way of Clean program was developed with Ecolab and Diversey, both world leaders in hygiene and cleaning technologies and services. This program is now being expanded with additional COVID-19 protocols and best practices - many of which are already in place - to reflect the advice of the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and local public health authorities in markets around the world.
IHG Way of Clean already includes deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants, and going forward guests can expect to see evolved procedures in every area of the hotel, which may include:
- Security: Mandatory Aarogya Setu app installation for each guests entering the hotel, wearing of mask and temperature checks, disinfected luggage and maintaining physical distancing at all times
- Reception: Reduced contact at check-in, touchless transactions, front-desk screens, foot-operated sanitizer stations, sanitized key cards, paperless checkout, contactless payments
- Guest Rooms: Increased disinfection of all hard surfaces and fixtures, removal of non-essential items, rooms audited for cleanliness, upgraded laundry protocol, mandatory PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for all colleagues while cleaning of rooms
- Public Spaces and Facilities: Additional deep cleaning of high-touch surfaces, social distancing, foot markings on the floor and signage are placed at all areas to maintain social distancing, mandatory PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for all colleagues in public areas
- Food & Beverage: New standards and service approach to buffets, banquets, room service, and catering. E-menus and contactless payments, disposable cutlery & crockery in rooms
- Banqueting & Events: Gathering numbers as per the government guidelines, tables & chairs disinfected during breaks in meetings / event. Strict food handling and services guidelines as ISO 22000 as our own IHG guidelines. Hand sanitizers available throughout the space
On-property, hotel teams have appointed Clean Champions to continue building the culture of clean. The champions focus on guests and colleagues as they navigate the new environment and help on-property teams to consistently deliver these elevated cleanliness standards.
Around The World