Glance Spotlight on Travel 2021 Report decodes consumer preferences for 2022
The report reveals that 56 per cent people within the age of 30 are actively planning trips
Decoding these shifting travel patterns and emerging consumer behaviors, Glance - a lock screen content platform has conducted a recent survey to understand the travel landscape in 2021-22 and various preferences of its users who desired to travel. The ‘Glance Spotlight on Travel 2021’ Report revealed the emerging consumer sentiment and growth trajectory of the travel industry in 2022.
The survey, conducted between October 15 and October 21, 2021 revealed that while domestic travel has taken precedence post-pandemic, India still prefers domestic destinations over foreign ones. Other key insights that emerged through the survey were:
* Younger audiences are the most eager to travel with 56 per cent within the age group of 18-30 actively planning trips.
* December 2021 will witness a travel surge, with 46 per cent of respondents planning a trip to at least one destination.
* The most preferred type of vacation is a family vacation. They outpace solo travel or trips with friends at 37 per cent.
* Shorter durations for the trips are the norm as 54 per cent of respondents stated their planned trips to be of less than a week.
* It is also observed that beaches are the most preferred, with 22 per cent of respondents wishing to travel to sea-side destinations.
* For transport, flights are most popular as 48 per cent of respondents have stated they would rather take them than other forms of transport.
In terms of accommodation, 44 per cent of respondents preferred luxurious accommodations. However, there has been a spike in the preference for homestays with unique experiences at 32 per cent. Most users are looking for lucrative travel packages, especially if it includes flight and stay. Other findings through the survey reiterated the rise in shopping before travel.
The survey also revealed that 49 per cent of respondents have pushed their travel plans to next year making it the most favourable time for the travel industry. The futuristic outlook for the Travel, Hospitality, and Aviation industry looks positive as they enter the new year.
Around The World