Evolve Back Resorts Doings its Best in Responsible Tourism

Currently present in three locations viz. Kamalapura Palace in Hampi, Kuruba Safari Lodge in Kabini and Chikkana Halli Estate in Coorg, the brand is planning to expand its footprint outside Karnataka.

?

“TOURISM IS now being recognized as a major contributor to planetary defilement. The awareness towards environmental protection is rising within people and responsible tourism is gaining momentum in the hospitality sector,” believes Jose Ramampuram, Director Marketing, Evolve Back, who has played an important role in building the reputation of Evolve Back Resorts.

With the committed concept of ‘Responsible Tourism’, Evolve Back is a privately held public limited chain of resorts under the name Orange County Resorts & Hotels originally incorporated in the year 1993. Currently present in three locations viz. Kamalapura Palace in Hampi, Kuruba Safari Lodge in Kabini and Chikkana Halli Estate in Coorg, the brand is planning to expand its footprint to four new properties across India, Africa and Asia.

“We are looking at a palace themed resort at the medieval town of Mandu, Madhya Pradesh, which will mark the foray of Evolve Back outside Karnataka. Also, we will be opening a resort at Kumta in Uttara Kannada district over an area of 30 acres, which will be themed on a local fishing village,” told Ramampuram in an exclusive interaction with BW Hotelier.

Ensuring several distinctive qualities such as personalized attention, high standard of luxury and an authentic local experience in enchanting locales, Evolve Back enjoys the occupancy rate of 70 per cent. It’s primary target markets are the metros and other urban areas in India, while the secondary market comprises of Western Europe, America, Scandinavia, Australia, South East Asia and Middle East. “90 percent of our clientele from within India and the rest 10 percent from across the globe,” informed Ramampuram.

According to Ramampuram, the concept of responsible tourism comes naturally to Evolve Back Resorts. “It is, after all, an extension of the vision and philosophy of the House of Ramapuram whose values are broad, contemporary and inclusive,” he added.

The youngest property in Hampi - the Kamalapura Palace witnesses the Hippocampus Training Program for the teachers of the school (locally adopted) as an attempt to engage students better. Also, the water from STP (Sewage Treatment Plant) is used for landscaping and providing RO water in every suite to avoid contamination of environment by 60,000 bottles per year. Several other measures are taken care by the resort to sustain ecosystem for the people, nature as well as wildlife.


Tags assigned to this article:

Advertisement

Around The World

Advertisement